- Hidden Story of Domestic Abuse
- Domestic abuse is still a largely hidden crime. Research suggests just 20% of incidents are reported.
Facts about Domestic Abuse
Every day more than 10 incidents of domestic abuse are reported and Brighton and Hove Police respond to over 4,000 calls a year.
- Definitions of Domestic Abuse
- The formal definition of domestic abuse is physical, sexual, psychological, emotional or financial abuse that takes place within a family-type relationship.
- Questions to ask if you're concerned.
- Frightened or confused? Are you concerned that you are in an abusive relationship?