RISE National VAWG Conference 2014
Date: 13th & 14th November.
Location: Sussex University, Brighton.
The High Cost of Living with Violence Against Women and Girls
Small Changes, Saving Lives
Come together with a shared vision to learn the small, achievable, changes we can take that can result in big differences for survivors.
RISE’s 20th Anniversary National VAWG Conference will focus on practical, realistic, personal and organisational goals.
Keynote speakers include Professor Gene Feder, Chair of the NICE Domestic Violence Programme Development Group, and Michelle Pooley, Daphne RCPV Coordinator. Representatives from the Political sphere will outline their parties VAWG strategy and vision.
Expert led workshops will share best practice in a range of areas including Child to Parent Violence, Survivors and the Media, Perpetrator Programmes and Health Relationship Education in Schools.
Confirmed guests include
• Professor Gene Feder. Professor of Primary Health Care, University of Bristol. Chair of NICE Domestic Violence Programme Development Group.
• Professor Liz Kelly, Director of The Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit (CWASU), London Metropolitan University
• Dr Aisha Gill, Reader in Criminology at the University of Roehampton.
• Michelle Pooley. Daphne RCPV Coordinator
• Dr Purna Sen. Deputy Director, Institute of Public Affairs
• Caroline Lucas MP. Green MP for Brighton Pavilion.
• Helen Jones MP. Shadow Home Affairs Minister
• Norman Baker MP, Minister for Crime Prevention
• Simon Ellery. Senior Media Officer, Brighton & Hove City Council
Who should attend?
The conference will be of particular interest to professionals working in the domestic violence sector, Commissioners, social workers, police and probation officers, education and health professionals, and anyone working with women, children and the LGBTQI community.